Sunday, October 23, 2011

My New Fav...

cinnamon-streusel-pancakes

While perusing the world wide web I came across two websites that sparked my taste buds yesterday. While reading Bakingdom she mentioned something about this other great site with delicious recipes that included awesome breakfast. Well all who know me...next to snacks, breakfast is my favorite meal!!!!

Anything with syrupy goodness always makes for a great day or pick me up! My girls and I use to indulge in this often as a way to catch up on our gossip we may have missed on our daily email, vent, or just to laugh and enjoy one another company. It was a time we could enjoy yummy goodness while escaping from our worlds....whatever that may have been.

So, anywho I quickly went to the site Two Peas and Their Pod and started searching all the breakfast recipes :). I was pleasantly surprised that I had all the ingredients to one of the pancake recipes that caught my eye!!!! Cinnamon Streusel Pancakes....OMG just saying/typing it makes me want to eat a short stack of them right now!!!! DJM!!! I experimented with box pancakes...but these were real homemade, from scratch pancakes!!! Let me just say these damn pancakes were....good....as....hell!!!!!! These will be my new Sunday breakfast! Until I try something new..thinking about German Pancakes with berries. They say a way to a mans heart is food.....so I'm trying to learn all I can. ;)





First I whipped up the Streusel.




Then the pancake batter.
 
A yummy creation in the making!





The tasty result!








 
Maybe I'll explore more then cupcakes, seeing as though I really don't even eat them. I'll start making food that I do eat...which is really almost anything as long as it doesn't have onions or stink! Since I'm a single bitty my house is cleaner then ever and I have this want to try new things. Right now "new things" include food, drinks, clothes, shoes, places, and people. Maybe it's part of my late 20's crisis I'm going through....IDK, but  I'm going to try to enjoy it as much as I can. I'm learning that people can only take from you what you allow and I don't plan on allowing anyone to take anymore happiness from me anytime soon!





1 comment:

  1. I like this post, keep walking in your gift and your purpose and happiness will meet you at your doorstep! Love u sis, and I sure do miss those pancake days...

    ReplyDelete